Friday, February 27, 2015

Lack of updates and news.

It's been a while since I've updated the blog, 'cause things have been chaotic to say the least.

The last update I posted was made during a very strange time in my life, and it's only gotten worse and more bizarre.

I got on the plane in DFW, changed flights in New York and landed in Zurich. Almost immediately, I was deported because I didn't have the funds in my bank account to support myself for three months (which would have been really impressive since I don't even have a bank account), nor a return ticket to LEAVE Zurich... so I left Zurich about a day later after literally living in Terminal D in the airport (think "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks - just make it an American in Zurich).

Promptly upon arriving in the US, I let my mother know what had happened and that Zurich didn't send me back to DFW (where I at least could have called Justin and figured a plan of action out), they sent me to New York and left me there (on the opposite side of the country). She ended up bringing me to Arizona, and specifically, Munds Park. That's when shit got bizarre.

I got a job at Woody's, one of three gas stations in Munds Park (the other two being Shell, two buildings over, and Chevron, on the other side of the freeway). I was given two weeks of training but about halfway through, we discovered they were closing Woody's permanently. The day after my training ended (which was on my second of two days off that week), we closed the doors and I was unemployed.

A friend of mine, Eric, decided he didn't want me to leave and agreed to help me get money to pay rent and all of that up north while my mother was in Phoenix. We began (I shit you not) selling wood - we were amateur lumberjacks. Time rolls on and it worked for October and November... but some shit happened in November.

Samantha wasn't dead. She wanted to be and attempted to be, but she failed. Her now-ex-husband forced her daughter (the one who found her, if I recall correctly) to deactivate her Facebook page and state, very clearly, that she had succeeded when she didn't. He blamed the internet for her misery (when it was him). We were friends again but her computer had been broken and while the divorce Samantha wanted had gone through, the pension that she was counting on (to get her own place and out of under the thumb of an emotionally, mentally and formerly physically abusive ass) hadn't come through yet.

For December, Eric pointed out that he didn't know the forest closed and we were outta work. A former co-worker of mine, Andrew, ended up moving in with his girlfriend, Alex, and they helped cover bills for January and February. Unfortunately, time marches on and some more shit happened.

Meanwhile, Melanie and I were having problems and I ultimately said, "You can either make time for me or lose me entirely." Well, she opted for the latter and we agreed to take a break. Almost right after that (within a matter of weeks), Samantha had a heart attack and, within a couple of weeks, ended up leaving with the girls and all but cutting any communication we had to zero. Alex had to drop out of college - being an archaeology major at Northern Arizona University, or NAU for short, she needed to be able to drive there and Andrew was doing very little but spending her money (on vehicles that didn't work or that she couldn't drive) and because of that, she lost her tuition disbursement.

I rarely ever talk to Samantha anymore - that's her decision. Melanie and I talk semi-regularly and I still try to help Eric with work but now it's mostly computer-based (which is bad since my former beast of a computer didn't survive the trip from DFW to NYC to ZRH (Zurich) to NYC to PHX, leaving me with technology I can't actually work with since it's from about 2006). Alex got a job at the Shell and I've got a job "saved" for me at the only restaurant in town (at least according to one of the managers there).

I haven't had much time to write. There's some other stuff that happened (Alex and I stole a car that Andrew unlawfully took on behalf of the original owner, a couple of smaller fights, a couple of people barely worth mentioning leaving town (WHAT UP, REDNECK), things like that) but it's kept me busy.

In other news, I've decided to go an entirely different route with Unda Vosari for the time being. Patreon is a website that allows patrons to actually pay for individual pieces of work (or monthly, if the creator wishes to oblige to time constraints) and I'm optimistic. The old Wikidot site is now private (and basically being used as an archive for my own information) and I can put stories up as I can (I'm still debating on whether or not I want to go monthly or per-work).

It's 7:30 in the morning on a Friday. I suppose a shower and breakfast is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment