Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Wake-Up Call

So sometime this morning (EARLIER this morning, since it's only 8:30 now), somebody came to the door in an attempt to stir me out of slumber and make me shoot them. They failed and, eventually, Andy answered the door. I know this because I woke up in time to hear a Mexican asking him to move his car 'cause they were here to work on the roof. Cool.

It sounded like they drove a monster truck here. I could hear it in the background. I was confused, but okay. If some roofers wanna drive a monster truck to the work site, more power to them.

I started to fall back asleep when they managed to get ON the roof. Then they started walking... That's when I fell back asleep. For some reason, my brain associated the sounds I'd heard into one very strange, fantastic dream involving Santa, Bigfoot (the monster truck, which is apparently how they got to the house), and a shitton of elves breaking out into a dance routine with no music.

Finally, they started working (by about 8 A.M.) which is when the elves decided dance-time was over and they had to get in... through brute force if necessary.

I got up, staggered into the bathroom, took a shower, came back out, noticed Andy was awake, walked over to his door, leaned on the door-frame and very casually said, "Somebody's at the roof. I think it's for you."

That's how today STARTED... Can't wait for later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment